June 29, 2011

12 weeks old tomorrow

As I sit here watching Mason play on his activity mat, I can hardly believe he has been in our lives for 12 whole weeks!  I can't even remember what life is like without him!  He is the center of our world!  He is smiling, coo-ing, and starting to giggle.  He loves watching his hands and makes fists.  We have even caught him sucking his thumb!  He is much calmer in the evenings, and doesn't cry during his baths.  He has even slept through the night 3 times!  Mike and I are hoping that this lasts!

Two weeks ago, Mason got baptized.  It was such a wonderful day, and he had a lot of family come for the occasion.  He got to meet his great-grandparents from Canada!  This weekend, we are making our first trip up to the lake.  We are interested to see how it goes spending the night in another place, but he needs to learn sometime!  Any advice from my fellow moms would be appreciated...I want to keep this sleeping through the night thing going :)

I went back to work 3 weeks ago, and that has been quite an adjustment.  It is very hard to be away from him during the day, but I appreciate the hours I get to spend in the evening with him.  That time is very special.  It helps that I get off work at 3:30 and can have him home by 4pm most days.  I am still breastfeeding and pumping at work.  It is quite a commitment to keep, but well worth it!  It is my time to stay connected to him.   Mason seems to really like his daycare.  He sleeps and eats great, and has a great time playing with the other babies! 

Well that is all for now, I hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend (or Canada Day) and I will keep you updated!   

2 comments:

  1. put him in the pack and play for naps or bedtime at home for a few nights before you leave-then it won't be so "different" when you get there! Also-use the same sheets at home and away so that it smells more like "home" :) Good luck! (Karen Gropp)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We took Calla up to the lake after we first got her, and she kept us up all night (at the Oakwood Inn). Chris ended up putting her in her car seat and driving her around in the car until she fell asleep. He brought her back to the room and let her sleep in the car seat for the rest of the night/morning. I think we got three hours of sleep. The pack and play idea is a great one! Have a wonderful time at the lake. Give our regards to the Arnott clan.

    ReplyDelete