May 11, 2011

5 weeks tomorrow!

I can't believe how much time flies!  He is almost 5 weeks old, and before I know it I will be back at work.  He is growing by leaps and bounds every single day.  Looking at pictures from the birth, he hardly looks like the same baby.  We went to the doctor on Monday and he weighed in at a whopping 11lbs and 6 oz!  He is a very healthy baby!  He has started to sleep much better too.  We moved him to the nursery at night, although he is still sleeping in the bassinett instead of the crib.  That is our next project, but he still hates it!  He is sleeping for 5 hour stretches at night though, which has been much welcomed.  Several nights this past week he has only gotten up 1 time.  I hope he can at least keep this up so when I have to go back to work again, I can get some sleep! 

I went to the doctor yesterday too, and am recovering very nicely.  I have been "cleared" to resume exercising (i.e. running!).  I know it will be a very slow process back, and I need to take it easy, which is going to be very hard for me to handle.  I went for a run/walk yesterday for 27 minutes, and it was much more difficult than I imagined.  My body doesn't feel the same, my hips really hurt and my core is shot.  I am hoping to get Mason into the jogging stroller in the next few weeks so I can go out for runs a little easier, and hopefully start getting back in shape.  Although it is hard, it is so nice to exercise again and regain that little bit of independence I miss.  I really missed the runner inside of me and I am so glad she is slowly starting to return. I am starting to feel like myself again!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment