April 29, 2011

Mason is 3 weeks old!

Mason and I are a little tired this morning because we have been up since 4:30am watching the royal wedding!  Everything is going well with our new little family.  We have been coming much more comfortable with living with a newborn.  Mason has definitely "woken up" since we hit our due date, and is much more awake and not shy about letting us know if he needs something.  He likes to be awake in the morning, early evening, and between 10 and midnight.  We are trying to get him to sleep a little better at night.  He sleeps for 3 to 3 1/2 hours at night, which is still exhausting, but we are surprisingly getting used to it! I know that no one will believe us, but Mason rolled over twice this week! He rolled from his tummy to his back during tummy time. I don't think he realized what he did or how he did it, but it was exciting! He just got rocking and rolled himself over.

I took Mason to breastfeeding group on Tuesday at the hospital, and he weighed in at 9lbs 2.7oz!  I couldn't believe it!  That boy just eats and eats!  I know you cannot overfeed a breastfed baby, but wow!  We were defintely the overachievers in class.  He feeds so well and efficiently (getting around 3oz per feeding) and was much bigger and more alert than all of the other babies in class :)

Everything is going well with me.  The stress and fatigue of the past 3 weeks is starting to catch up with me, and I am much more tired during the day.  I find it frustrating not being able to get any housework done, and I am trying to live with the fact that the floors may be dirty and the bed may not get made.  All of the rain and two dogs with muddy paws hasn't helped my cause.  But, I did fit into a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans which made me very happy.

Mike is also doing well, and he has really embraced his role as a new dad.  He holds Mason all evening and is extremely good at calming him down.  He does seem to be handling the loss of sleep much better than me! 

Well that is all for now...I will try to keep the blog updated as much as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment